About GBS

This article is a translated excerpt from the School's unofficial website

 

GBS 1956

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In 1956, the British Government set up the Gajah Berang Secondary Modern School. It was located about 1.5km away from Melaka city centre on Gajah Berang Road and occupied an area of some 7.5 acres.

The School had 6 classrooms housed in a single building block. There were 150 boy pupils and 6 teachers. The School was later renamed to Gajah Berang Secondary English School ( GBSES ).

It is now called Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Gajah Berang ( SMKGB ).

 

Read a history of the school here. 

 

GBSES / SMKGB , with around 1500 pupils, has been, and still is one of the leading schools in the state of Melaka , both in terms of its academic results and its extra-curricular activities.

And here is a moving slideshow about the school.  Enjoy!

 

User login

Our messages

Sayings

Latest News

25/03/2011 - 12:14pm
28/02/2011 - 1:07pm
25/01/2011 - 3:18am
16/10/2010 - 9:02pm